Storms & Silver Linings

So...does anyone else think Mercury Retrograde sucked? I knew the exact moment that Mercury Retrograde started for me, it made a dramatic entrance with a feathery beaked pheasant shitting on me one drizzly Tuesday morning as I was about to cross the road to work. I can't even talk about the second thing that happend. It was that bad. It was like Glee and Gossip Girl combined without the added flair of a crowd pleasing hit song. And I was a nervous wreck during my first radio interview, I'm pretty sure I could make a drinking game out of how many times I said, "yeah, exactly!" And I finished my interview with "Amen, amen..." I mean, I guess there are worse ways to end your first public debut but because I was so nervous I wasn't myself. To be fair, it was a live interview. My very first one. And because of Mercury Retrograde being an asshole, I wasn't feeling particuarily sparkly... I don't think it will be my last live interview, the next one won't be for awhile... I felt like I had ran before I had walked, I fell a little hard but it was a good learning experience because I know that live interviews aren't my jam right now and that's okay. For me it was the surreality of knowing that people were listening in on their way home from work in peak hour traffic and I froze up a few times. I wasn't prepared for how I would feel in the moment talking about my creative process, or opening up in general about myself and how I had come to write my book, or even about my characters and who they are as people. I hope that next time I have an interview, now that I've had a taste of what it's like, that I'll be able to open my heart a little wider and let my hair down a little. But on a brighter note, I got my book into two book stores, one place bought six copies and that was an incredible feeling! And of course, cuddles with my beautiful baby nephew is the absolute best thing! Having a little being look up at you with wonder and love in their eyes makes you want to do everything you can be to be a better person than you were the day before. It puts things into perspective and now nothing is more important to me than to make him proud. I guess the first thing I taught him is that you can freeze up on live radio and learn a few things from it! - Sarah x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Explorer Part 2 - A Little Time on the Green

The Dreamer