The Dreamer

A couple of weeks ago, I got a tad melancholy.
I get that way sometimes because I overthink things. In this case I was thinking about the things I have wanted to do but haven't done.
When I was 17 I had alot of naive optimism that life would go exactly the way I planned it.

Get a steady job, marry the man of my dreams by 25, have my first kid at the age of 26 (because that's what my Mum did,) be a housewife and a successful author - oh yes, my life looked trim and tidy as a garden hedge. 
Then real life happend.  
It's been beautiful, ugly, calm and crazy.
There are days when I want to be apart of it and days that I'd rather hide in the safety of what is familiar and comfortable. 

But I'm glad that its been this way because it has made me stronger, wiser and more resilient than the 17 year old me was.
If 29 years of being alive has taught me anything, its that life is happening while you're living it.

I married a very wise man, because when I told him that I felt like a failure two weeks ago, he told me this. "Life doesn't go the way we plan it. It's not a book."
That really resonated with me, especially about life not being a book.

As a writer I get to play God - I create worlds with every day people who have issues to work through and set the stage so they resolve them. Sometimes those issues the characters face are momentary or last a season, then theres a bitter-sweet cliff-hanger or happy ending.

In real life, life just goes on.
Time is our friend, because while we have time there are still possibilities for dreams to come reality.

- Sarah x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

Inspiration and Hope