Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas! 
My name is Sarah and it's really, really nice to meet those of you in the blog community.
So much has happened this year, most of it was good and some of it was not-so-good.
The good part was that my faith in God gave me strength after being diagnosed with depression and anxiety, it also brought me closer to my boyfriend and my family.
Being diagnosed with depression and anxiety was the downside to this year, as a result of that I decided to leave a perfectly good job that had made me happy and right now finances are tight, but what has gotten me through is the love and support I have been given from my Mum, Dad, sister and the love of my life; in real life he has a full name that he inherited from his Grandad - but in order to protect his privacy, he shall be known on here only as A.
Just so you know, I have no expectations that I am going to be well-known on here but you never know with the internet!

My hope for this blog is that it is helpful and its about life in the everyday and how to find extraordinary moments in the everyday. 

Here is a little bit more about me.

1: I am a Christian and I love God.
2: I am perfectly imperfect with a big personality and quirks.
3: I talk REALLY loud by accident, I blame it on having the volume on my ipod on high and whether I have my ear-phones in or not, my voice travels.
4: I want to be a professional writer one day.
5: I am ridiculously clucky. I used to work in childcare and every time I see baby-shops I cannot contain my excitement and cannot restrain myself from reaching out and gushing over the patterns and fabrics.
6: I am big on family and friendships. I have a Mum, Dad and two sisters and we are all very close and supportive of one another.
My Mum drives me crazy but she's kind, honest and has blessed her three daugthers in so many ways.
Dad is a hard-worker all rounder, whether its his family, work or church commitments he gives the absolute best of himself with a smile.
I have two sisters, one older; one younger. I'm going to refer to them on here as *Victoria and *Alicia. *Victoria is the twenty-six, she has sass and brains and got married three months ago, her husband is one of the coolest guys in the world. Now that the wedding is over, Mum wants them to pop out her first grandchildren. *Victoria has been studying law and has a flair for creativity and elegance. She hosted her first Christmas Day this year with both families in attendance.
*Alicia is a sweetheart, she has this adorable face that reminds me of one of those porcelain dolls and is studying teaching. She and her boyfriend plan to buy a house in four years time, but for now she is content living with *Victoria and her hubby.
7: I have a boyfriend who I love very much, he's my soul-mate and best friend. A. is gorgeous, he's got beautiful eyes that remind me of green glass - he's the life of the party type but he's one of those easy-going blokes who is all raa-raa about football, tennis and cricket. Most people are drawn to him because he has this gift for getting along with everyone, it was one of these things that first attracted me to him the night we met. I was the shy wall-flower who didn't mind blending in the with the couch but he got me talking, fast forward one year and eleven months later we live in a cosy unit that is too small for everything we own, but we are very happy together and make a great team despite the ups and downs we have been through. Next year on February the 17th we will be hitting our two year milestone.

I find that now I am older, the years just go faster and faster,when I was younger I didn't really pay much attention. At the beginning of every year, I find myself wondering what is going to happen. I think too much as it is, but when the clock strikes midnight on the first of January a new year begins and I find that I am excited by possibilities but at the same time I dread it because what if I stay exactly where I am for the entire year and the next new year dawns and I have nothing to show for the year before? Despite the fact that life keeps contradicting that question, I find myself always asking the same question and my theory in regards to that is because life is never the same, there will always be a new bend and twist in every season. Tomorrow is not yesterday, today is now and come tomorrow, "now" will be known as "then".

I know its only been a day since Christmas, but I have planned out my New Year Commitments.
Here they are in black and white.

1.) I will commit to taking better care of myself this year and henceforth by eating healthy and exercising daily.
2.) I will make up my own mind about things with help from God and ask for a second opinion when it really matters.
3.) Get my P plates.
4:) Get a job I will love to do for the rest of my career life.
5:) Just be happy and live for the moment instead of planning every little detail of what my future looks like. 

However, the most important of all these things is to keep seeking and serving God.
Lucky #6!

Have you thought of your New Year Commitments? 
Here's a tip from an enthusiastic planner, keep it short and relevant to you right now.
Think about what you really want to achieve this year and do everything you can to set the wheel in motion, write down an idea of how you will achieve your goals and write down a time-line.
But just remember life doesn't always go EXACTLY how you plan, but what I have learned in the past is these little things have a way of working themselves out, we've just got to keep dreaming, believing and working hard with the conviction that what we desire will come to pass.

I had better leave things there for now but I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday!

- Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dreamer

New Beginnings

Soul Explorer Part 2 - A Little Time on the Green